Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines day! Allen and I had our valentines day on Friday so not much is happening today since Allen is at work right now. He should get tomorrow off though so that is good news.
So a lot has happened since I last posted so I will start playing catch up now. haha! We found out that Allen made it into a program were he will be getting his masters in logistics. This is what we were praying for so we are very excited it worked out. We will be moving to Dayton Ohio in early August. It is an 18 month program and we think we will be heading to Alabama after that but that could change very easily. Dayton seems like a nice place. There a lot of little towns around it so it seems likely we will live on one of those small towns. They have an amazing children's museum and lots of fun stuff. It will still be pretty cold there but hopefully not as cold as Montana. :) I really have liked Montana and the church here but I am very excited for something new.
Since Isaac was about three months old he stopped gaining weight and always acted hungry and fussy even though he seemed to eat all the time but they told us his weight was just slowing down and since he was so big to begin with not to worry about it. We didn't until he was six months and I noticed when he was laying in my lap crying that he looked like he was tongue tied. I looked it up and everything seemed to fit because he was always hungry and babies that are tongue tied have trouble nursing because they have to work so hard to stay latched. HIs sixth month appt was in a couple days of that so we just waited to see his weight and if the doctor thought it was a problem. His weight was 2 ounces less then he was at 4 months so I was upset about that. The doctor said he was tongue tied but that they wouldn't do anything until it caused a problem and she didn't think his weight was a problem. Anyway, I thought it was a problem so I tried to get a referral to a lactation consultant but the lady I talked to wanted to give it another month and if he hadn't gained weight by then she would give me the referral. I talked to Allen that night and he said that would not work so he called and 30 minutes after he called we had a referral and an appt for an ENT the next week. Go figure? We saw the ENT and he set up a surgery for the next week to get under his tongue clipped. I was glad it was getting done but they would have to put him under so that was pretty scary. We had to have him at the surgery center really early and he was not able to eat so that was hard because Allen had to hold him and he was just reaching for me and crying for about 45 minutes until they took him. I tried not to but I cried as soon as he was gone. Luckily the time he left until we were holding him again was 30 minutes. He nursed right away and did great. We were very blessed to have two nurses from our church be with him. One was with him the entire time and one was just there for recovery. They cradled him and sang him bible class songs as he woke up. I could not ask for much more then that. They are amazing.
He seems to be gaining weight and is so much happier then he was. I am so happy that we got it done. We go into the clinic next week for a weight check and I think it will be good. He is still in 3-6 month clothes. Today during lunch he had some 3-6 month pants on and they just fell right off because he is so skinny. haha! I have some really cute 6-9 month stuff I am wanting to put on him but it is still pretty big. I know he will out grow it all before I can believe it.
This has gotten really long so I will update more soon. Here are some picture of the kids for you!





No comments:

Followers