Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'm glad you can't see me right now

So I have had a cold the last three days and it has been really hard to get some sleep because of the cough and stuffy nose. Since I am pregnant my choices in medication are pretty nonexistent so I have to improvise. I was not real tired anyway because of the excitement of our ultrasound tomorrow so I thought I would stay up and google ways to stop my cough and stuffy nose from natural things we have around the house. here is what I came up with.

cough: I only tried one thing since I didn't have a lot of the other stuff. I made hot tea and put lemon and honey in it. This doesn't seem to weird except I hate flavorings in my tea so to me this is gross but since my nose it stuffy I can't taste anything anyway so I went for it. Although this just started it does seem to be helping but that might just be because I am sitting up. When I was laying in bed it was really bad. Time will tell.

stuffy nose: My first try was acupressure. While pressure points have never seemed to work before but I was really desperate. So the verdict is that is does NOT work and just wastes time. Moving on to the next thing that told me to stick my head in a freezer for 5 minutes and only breathing through my nose. I would have tried this but there was no way I could breath through my nose at all. Then at the bottom it said that you could just put an ice cube on your nose. That is were I am now and I CAN BREATH! Granted it is just one nostril that is clear but I will take it. I will have to let you all know soon if it actually lasts after the ice is taken off but I consider it a success! (ps. My nose got clear so I started tasting my tea which was not a good thing. lol!)
Wow, this has been a really pointless post but you might find it helpful one of these nights.
Iwill let you know tomorrow how the doctors appt. goes. night!

1 comment:

Brittany Leverett said...

LOL...this pictured in my mind is quite funny! I hope you get to feeling better! Tea is Always a good thing I have heard, maybe go with something "non" flavored...lol! See you soon! :o)

Followers