Friday, June 26, 2009

Crazy!!

So I had another doctors appt. today and they checked to see how things were coming along. I am now 5 cm dilated and 80% effaced. I saw the other midwife today since mine is out of town. She told me she didn't feel comfortable letting me leave without monitoring me to make sure I was not in labor and didn't know it. I didn't think I was but got to sit in a comfy recliner drinking juice while Allen entertained the girls for about 45 minutes so it was a nice break. I should have enjoyed it more but all I could think was if I was in labor and they sent me to the hospital I had not cleaned the girls bath tub and the kitchen yet. lol! Thats a pregnant lady for you. Well, I did have some contractions but I know of the ones I had and they were not real consistent so I finally got released. She had to wait till the baby moved a lot because his heart rate was dropping pretty bad during contractions but it only happened a couple times and then he was fine. Now we are home and I feel like a huge ticking time bomb. I know it could still be a week or even two but it makes me want to get everything together just incase. I don't think I will ever feel completely ready but at least most of it will be done.
The relay for life is tonight and I have been so excited about that. I thought maybe I shouldn't go but if we have all our stuff with us I think it will be okay. We are still going back and forth about what to do with the girls which is scary but I am sure it will work out. Anyway, I will let you all know how everything goes. Time to start cleaning again!

No comments:

Followers