Thursday, April 30, 2009

Baby update

Isabel and I both had doctors appt this morning. Isabel had speech therapy and did so well. I think we will only have to go back two more time before she turns 2 in July. She will not be all the way caught up in her speech but that will come soon after hopefully. The doctor brought in a computer that works with them on certain sounds and when she wheeled it in Isabel got so excited and just started giggling and bouncing up and down. It was the cutest thing ever. Devin of course had a great time also "helping" the doctor with everything. lol! They each get a book after every class also so that will make bed time very fun with some new material. lol!
After her appt. we had a little time to kill and then went to my OB appt. There are two midwives in this office and this was the week I went to the other midwife just so I would know her in case my doctor can't be there for delivery. She was so nice so that is wonderful to know that I love whoever deliveries this little boy. She had nurse practitioner shadowing her today so they asked me if that was ok and of course that fine. I was nice because they went into a lot of detail about what she was doing. The nurse practitioner measured me and said she was measuring 34cm and at this point I should be at 30cm. She as asked if she did it right and the midwife double checked and sure enough I am measuring four weeks ahead of schedule! We don't know if this is just me getting big or if the baby is farther along then we think. It is probably a little of both. lol! Last appt. I was two weeks ahead and now four weeks so they will see what happens next time with my regular midwife and then maybe do an ultrasound to see if I might be farther along then they thought. I would love to be farther along then we think but I am not holding my breath. We will see I guess. They also were trying to decide if the baby was head down and they felt and poked and prodded and said he was head down but then I told them I have been having a lot of pressure at the top of my uterus so they checked to see if they could feel feet or head at the top and said they felt a mass like a head up there too so they didn't know if he was head up or down. I was excited because they were going to take me in to do a quick ultrasound to see were his head really was since they couldn't really tell but the ultrasound had a line so since I am not past 34 weeks it's not a big deal if he is not head down yet but maybe next time. I also got told that my glucose test came back negative but it was on the high end so I have to cut down on all my sweets and carbs. This saddens me a lot because I LOVE those things but I will do whatever I can to help him be healthy. So it was a fun appt and Allen got to be there which is always so nice. Hopefully we will have some more definitive answers next appt in two weeks. Bye!

No comments:

Followers