Monday, June 19, 2006

Our first trip to urgent care!

On Saturday Allen Devin and I were at my Grandparents house just hanging out. Everyone was watching Devin stand holding on to the ottoman and paying with some toys. Well I had given her a cup coaster to play with and she was using it as a chew toy. I know right now you are probably saying "why would you give her a coaster" but I didn't think anything that bad could come from it. Anyway, I was about fall asleep in the chair by the ottoman when I hear Allen yell out my name and then I see Devin falling into my leg. She kept the coaster in her mouth all the way down and it cut her lip when she hit. I picked her up and she started to scream. We saw she was bleeding and Allen took her into the bathroom over the sink. Grandma had gotten a cold rag and we blotted the blood away. By this time she was already starting to calm down and even cheer up. The bleeding stopped rather quickly. We could see the cut, it wasn't very long but it looked deep. I felt so bad, and didn't want her to be hurt more than what was noticeable. So, we decided to take her to the urgent care clinic. The receptionists was trying to be light hearted and tell us that it was only the first of many trips. I was occasionally still breaking into tears. Allen said Devin handled the whole thing better than us. The doctor said it was minor, no stitches and it would be healed in a couple of days. So we took her home and changed her clothes. She has keep on like it never happened.

No comments:

Followers